Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A little Bummed

Today I looked into fertility clinics in my area and made two appointments at two locations to deal with my long cycles. I am currently on day 77 and I think I might actually be close to ending this cycle. I have been so tired lately and today I woke up with tender breasts. I have also been a little nauseous but I think I am just worn down from a long weekend. I took a pregnancy test with my FMU and I got a negative. Anyway, I thought I should call my insurance and see what is covered and it turns out infertility is not covered under my husbands insurance. It goes with out saying that I was disappointed.

At first I felt like this


I haven't canceled my appointments yet but I will before the end of the day so someone else can use them. I think right now it is just in our best interest to keep TTC with out any intervention. I don't want to put a limit on the length of time we try before we do pay out of pocket because that would make it a little more stressful. So we will just have fun and enjoy all the extra baby dancing when it comes time and like I said before I just bought a crap load of ovulation tests so when it becomes time I will start using those. Speaking of ovulation tests do any of you awesome ladies out there have any advice on when I should start testing? I am pretty sure my luteal phase is 14 days so should I start testing after day 35?

3 comments:

  1. I wondered about the timing of OPK's today too. Here is a good website that clears it up.
    http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/opk.html
    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry - having to pay OOP sucks. You may want to talk to them about it though because while infertility stuff may not be covered, other things may. For instance, your long cycles could be caused by PCOS in which case the insurance might cover some of that b/c even women who are not TTC need to be on certain meds if they have PCOS. Just something to look into. I am not sure how long you have been TTC and I don't mean to discourage you, but when you are having cycles that are longer than 40 days, then there's very little likelihood that you'll be able to conceive on your own. I'd be happy to talk about IF and all the goes with it if you want to email me....

    ReplyDelete