Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cycle #3 - Update 2

Today is CD17 and I have not yet detected an LH surge. If my cycle is long, like the last one, then it is entirely possible that it is still coming. I'm not feeling like I'm ovulating or about to ovulate though. I used to be able to tell from ovulation cramping and cervical mucus. Now, I have no idea. Perhaps my body is still adjusting after my miscarriage in July. I am committed to using the OPKs until at least CD20. Hopefully by then, my body will give me some clues about what is happening.


image source

I just got back from my new family doctor's office. I had my yearly physical and I was surprised at my reaction today. When I saw the examining table and paper gown, I wanted to burst into tears. Then I realized the last time I was on an examining table, in a paper gown, I was going through my miscarriage and follow up appointment. I guess these emotional flashbacks will continue for some time.

However, today was different. I liked this new doctor and I felt comfortable with her. I felt that she really listened to me and took time to explain what she was doing. This support is a big contrast to how I felt with my previous cold, impersonal family doctor. I am really glad that I made the switch.

I expressed concern about my irregular cycles. She did some testing for thyroid hormones, FSH, LH and Prolactin. She also did the pap test and tests for chlamydia and gonorrhea. When I expressed my concerns about pelvic inflammatory disease (due to my previous use of an IUD), she assured me that I would have symptoms with that infection. That eased my mind a bit. She also encouraged me to continue with my regular dental appointments and eye examinations, which I am going to follow-up with soon. I feel like she really cares about my health.

image source

My new family doctor is going to gather all the test results and then refer me to a gynecologist. The gynecologist can further investigate to determine if there are any medical reasons for my irregular cycles. In addition, she can also look for any possible barriers to conception.

All of these tests and doctors visits leads me to gratitude that my health care is covered (for the most part) here in Ontario. I hope that this path leads to our goal of a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment