Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where have I been?!?!


Oh my gosh! I can't believe I haven't posted here in so long... shame on me!


Let me catch you up. Last cycle was a total bust :-( I thought I had it all figured out; I had noticed my CM and made sure to BD a lot around those days. When it came down to time to test...B...F...N... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, ever since my miscarriage in July my cycles have been crazy long. They average around 40 days which is FOREVER when you're TTC.



After getting my latest heartbreaking BFN, I made a plan. I will start to temp and chart! I went and purchased my first BBT and off I went. For two days. I am absolutely terrible at this! I wake up at different times everyday so temping at the same time is out the window. I even tried to set my alarm for one certain time every morning and it never seems to work. I either sleep through my alarm or I wake up an hour before it goes off. This doesn't even count the days that I just completely forget to temp altogether...

Any tips on keeping consistent? This is cycle #3 since the miscarriage. It took almost 2 years to conceive the baby that we lost... I really hope it doesn't take that long again.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss in July. I also had a miscarriage then. The waiting is really tough. I hate not knowing when I ovulate so I'm using the digital OPKs. I have heard about a lot of women that really get to know their cycles by taking their temps at the same time every day. I'm not willing to try it yet! I've also heard really good things about the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". Maybe that would be a helpful resource for you.

    I hope your cycles return to normal soon so you don't have to wait so long. Sorry about your BFN. All the best for a BFP soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss in July!!!

    Hope your cycles regulate soon, waiting is the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. It might take a while for your cycle to regulate again, but it will happen. Keep the faith!

    If setting an alarm is not helping with consistent temping, then I don't know. I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to make sure I temped consistently. Otherwise, I was undoubtedly awakened by our cat just before my alarm, etc.

    But 4:45 a.m. did the trick and I could just temp and roll back to sleep for another hour or so. Another idea, is to skip temping and get a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor. I charted while using mine and it was never wrong. Next time around, I think I might just use it and watch my CM and CP rather than temping, which is rough if you're sleep deprived or a heavy sleeper. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you got another BFN. don't worry about waking up an hour before your alarm goes off... I believe +/- 1 hr is ok for temping...I just inputted the #s into fertility friend and it would tell me if it was ok or not (solid circle is ok, hollow circle meant my timing was off). Keep at it w/the charting and lots of baby dust to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Just wanted to give you some encouragement with charting. I work nights so my sleep schedule is totally screwy, but I just temped at whatever time I woke up and was still able to see a definite shift after O. Also, I didn't O until CD43 the cycle I got pg so there is hope even if you have long cycles. As long as you can see a temp shift and know that you really are O-ing, you have a chance. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry for your loss.
    i set my alarm and temped that way. if you wake up an hour before the alarm goes off, just do it then.
    can you set TWO alarms?????
    the best way to make sure your chart is accurate is to take your temp at roughly the same time.

    i also highly recommend the clear blue easy fertility monitor. but with that you do have to poas during a certain time frame every morning.

    good luck. i hope you get a bfp soon! hang in there.

    ReplyDelete