Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Luckysaur- Week 17

Man time is really flying by now. I'm having a hard time believing that in 3 short weeks I will be half way done with this pregnancy already.

A quick update on the job interview that I had two weeks ago. The position is a clinical research (pharmaceutical clinical trials) coordinator position. The people that I interviewed with and met were extremely friendly and the job sounded like it was exactly what I want to get back into. I had a really good feeling that they liked me and I was a good candidate for the position when I left after the interviews. They contacted me a few days ago and want me to come back and interview with some of the other physicians that I would be working with. It seems to me like it's more of a meet and greet than interviews, but I'm going to go prepared to interview. The saga continues! I'll keep you updated.

At 17 weeks, I feel like a bump is forming. It probably still looks a whole lot like fat to the outside world, but to me it's a bump. With that said, here is the first of my weekly bump pictures. I can't wait to see the changes in my belly as baby Luckysaur grows!


How far along?- 17 weeks

Total weight gain/loss- I'm assuming 12+ pounds. I still haven't gotten on the scale and probably won't until my next doctor's appointment next week. Anyone else have a slight fear of the scale besides me?
How Big is Baby?- A turnip!
Maternity clothes?- Absolutely and I love them (for now at least).
Stretch marks?- No new ones yet.
Sleep- I've had a cold the past couple days so sleep hasn't been great. I've been congested and tossing and turning all night. I don't take medicine often, but I forgot how much better it can make you feel when you are really congested. I know that there are some medications that are considered safe during pregnancy, but I'm choosing to ride this cold out with out taking any of them. For now I've been using Shower Soothers. I don't know if it's the warm shower or the menthol in the Shower Soothers that's helping, but they seem to help out a little bit.
Best moment this week?- Getting a call back to continue the interview process for the new job.
Movement- Not yet, unfortunately. I'm hoping that I start feeling something soon.

Food cravings- Chinese food, in particular General Tso's chicken and lo-mein, which I think I will be having for lunch today. I wish I could understand these cravings!
Gender- 9 more days till we find out…but who’s counting?

Labor Signs- None, whew!
Belly Button in or out?- In, thank goodness.
What I am looking forward to- My mom's coming up to visit tomorrow for the weekend and my 33rd birthday is next Tuesday.
Milestones- The count down to the BIG ultrasound so that we can finally find out if it's a boy or a girl. Then the hard part begins, choosing the name.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for week 17! I noticed several similarities...for one, we'll have our big u/s soon too (12 days from now for the Citysaurs)...two, my birthday is also coming up - on the 24th, I'll be 29.

    Congrats on the interview, and hooray for maternity clothes and ultrasounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Looking forward to seeing more bump pics each week.

    Congrats on the interview and good luck! I worked in a clinical trials pharmacy for almost 2 years recently. I hope this works out for you.

    ReplyDelete