Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Hiccups!

I had heard from several women that aside from feeling the baby kick, you can feel when they have the hiccups too! I had never heard of this until actually getting pregnant, so this was news to me. After I started feeling the baby kick, I started to wonder if I would be able to recognize the hiccups.

I asked another mom how you discern the difference between kicking and hiccups and she said that they are more regular and rhythmic than kicks, and that I would "just know." I really hate it when people say things like that "You'll just know." Because really - what if I don't?!

Well, I hate to admit it but at 24 weeks and 3 days, I felt the baby with the hiccups for the first time and I did - I just knew :) It was the strangest sensation because it was much more subtle and less noticeable than kicks but it was definitely in regular intervals, just a few seconds apart. I wonder what the baby thinks when she is in there, with the hiccups... does it bother her? Does it annoy her? Or confuse her? I guess we'll never know... but feeling baby's hiccups inside your belly is definitely a very strange/cool part of being pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that baby hiccups are not the same as adult hiccups (how we find them painful/irritating)....but it's true, you do just know!

    ReplyDelete