Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cycle #2 - Update 1

I have started to use the digital ovulation tests. They are very easy to use which is great although I find it a little hard not to pee for 4 hours in the afternoon. Next cycle, I may switch to first morning urine which might be easier. The tough part would be getting up early on the weekends to test!

So far, no positive happy face result for my LH surge. So, I will keep testing everyday and see what happens. I am trying to keep busy so I don't over think this process. Unfortunately, patience is not a virtue of mine. Mr. Pharmasaur and I are having sex every 2 days right now and we plan to step it up as soon as we get the signal from the test.

I was thinking about what to do if the OPKs don't help us during this cycle. I have this idea in my head that I must be pregnant before I turn 40. I have less than 2 months left to achieve this. When I spoke to the Ob-Gyn who I was seeing during my miscarriage, he said a few months on one side or the other of 40 won't really make a difference. Logically, I know this is true. But I can't help thinking about all of the statistics in the books and Internet research I have read that list higher risks of everything starting at 40. It is hard for me to ignore these warnings. On the other hand, there are some benefits of being a Mom over 40 as well.

So, I may get a fertility monitor for next cycle and try that. Mr. Pharmasaur and I are fortunate enough to be able to afford this option. If it really works, then our dreams may come true. I have seen positive feedback on the Internet about this one:


source

I hope that we won't need to pursue this option. Maybe this will be the month we conceive again? It would be so wonderful to get a BFP at the end of this cycle. But only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I think there are definitely benefits to being an older mom - you're more stable in your life, and you have so much more experience to offer.

    Divasaur used the CBEFM, and she really liked it - if you do end up getting it, she can probably give you some tips. :-) (I think she got hers from eBay so it wasn't so expensive?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Get the CBEFM...it works! If you look at charts on FertilityFriend.com of those women who used it, many were pregnant within 4 cycles or less. I got mine with 60 sticks for about $200 from http://www.herballoveshop.com.

    I will be 35 in November and can relate to you feelings that some sort of "switch" flips on your fertility when you reach a milestone birthday. Thankfully, that really isn't the case. That said, I know how it feels when you're ready to get the show on the road. When you wait to TTC, once you decide, it's like an ache! Personally, I wasn't ready to be a mom at 25 or 30 or even 32!

    Anyway, I really encourage you to get the CBEFM! Also, has your partner's sperm been tested? Even if you're ovulating, if his sperm has a low count or are slow swimmers, etc. that can be an issue. Since time is of the essence, you might recommend that he have an SA soon...just to rule anything out. Good luck! Sending your TONS of babydust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Divasaur! I'll look into getting one as soon as AF shows. Thanks for the babydust.

    ReplyDelete