Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cycle 2 - "Action" Plan

I am now on Cycle Day 7. We've got our action plan for TTC ready to go.

Tomorrow, I start using the digital ovulation predictor tests. I plan to use them at around 5:30 p.m. each evening when I get home from work. My cycle is usually 25 days long and the instructions suggested starting on CD 8. I used to suspect that I ovulated around CD 9 due to changes in my cervical mucous and my increased libido. Now, I may actually find out if that is really true! The test sensitivity is 40 mIU/mL so if my surge doesn't get to that level, it will not be detected by the OPK. (Thanks to Bibliosaur for bringing that to my attention.) I think the biggest challenge for me while using the test will be not to pee for 4 hours beforehand. I tend to drink a lot of water!

Once I see this:


then that day and the next will be our best chances at conceiving. We plan on having sex every 2 to 3 days from now until about CD20 (or at least until I get my positive OPK.) I have seen some women posting their experience with having sex every 12 hours once they have a positive OPK. Several have them have ended up with a BFP. That could be worth a try!

I am superstitious about putting a pillow under my hips and staying lying down for about 20 minutes after TTC sex. It worked for us when we tried in May. I am hoping it works again.

So, we have a plan. Now the trick is to relax, keep it simple and take it one day at a time.

Lights, camera (no, not really) and ACTION!

source


2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing how the OPKs work. I've never used one, so I'm curious. My husband is wanting just to see how things go the first couple months. (Grrr) But we made a deal that if we're TTC after six, we're breaking out all the goods!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan! Although if you suspect that you O on CD9 I'd plan to BD tonight for sure! Studies show that sperm can live up to 3 or 4 days and so a "deposit" made before the egg drops mean that little swimmers are waiting for it's arrival.

    FWIW, I had my legs in the air for 20 minutes after BMS...and I really think doggy style did it for us (TMI, but there you have it). It must have worked! We only TTC'd for two cycles! (I charted for 4 and also used a CBEFM as well as Preseed on the cycle we got our BFP).

    Good luck...sending you tons of baby dust!

    ReplyDelete