Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Monday, February 23, 2009

The training wheels are off

When we decided to start trying for a baby, we had no idea things would happen this fast - I had my Implanon removed and then eight days later - whammo!

No, that's not a pregnancy test, just an ovulation predictor; the happy face means that I've already returned to fertility! It's not completely unheard of, but a week is still much faster than usual - I thought I'd need at least another cycle to return to normal.

And naturally, I lept around the house like a crazed lunatic doing double fist pumps of victory in the air after seeing that little smiley face. A positive OPK so soon out of the gate is very validating for a Type A control freak who has to do everything exactly right the first time. God help us when we actually get a positive pregnancy test!

So it's official: the training wheels are off. From now on, we're doin' it for real.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment