Browneyedsaur Dreamersaur Eiresaur Hungrysaur Jerseysaur Laughosaur Join Us


Friday, February 27, 2009

Pre-pregnancy shopping

Mr. Divasaur and I don't plan to FWP until June. That said, we are preparing for pregnancy by eating right, exercising, getting more sleep, etc. That's a reasonable amount of preparation. But where is the line? I know there are TTC gals who already have baby clothes and maternity clothes long before they get their BFP.

This comes up today because I just found out that there's this mega-consignment event for all things maternity and baby related this weekend. It's called Just Between Friends and brings budgetzilla mommies and mommies-to-be out in droves to snap up incredible deals on gear. We all know becoming a parent is costly. Not just emotionally, but financially too. I hate to pass up a deal, especially since we're planning to be PG in the near future (Goddess willing!), so it's not so far fetched that I would attend one of these deals. But I don't know.

My mom really wants to go and scope it out, especially because this swap-meet-of- a-baby- gear-sale only happens twice a year. Once in March and then again in November. Well, if we play our cards right, I'll be in my third trimester come November. So in an effort to be more prepared, my mom thinks we should go and see what kind of deals can be had. I think she really just want to start buying stuff for this twinkle-in-my-husband's-eye baby-to-be. Just last week, she pulled out her quilting magazines and dog-eared pages " for the baby." And she wants to start knitting all sorts of cute buntings and booties. I think she may just have BOTB as badly as I do!

How cute is this retro crib embellished with cherry decals?

But I don't want to jinx myself! It's kind of like planning the wedding before getting engaged, right? One visit to The Knot shows that even that happens pretty regularly! They even have a community board completely dedicated to those "not yet engaged." (On a WEDDING site!). But I digress. I have nothing going on this weekend aside from preparing for an out-of-town conference for work. I think I'll go, just to see what's out there. But I absolutely will not buy a thing for my phantom baby. If I find something cute for my 6 months old godson, then I'll snap up the bargain and send him a gift! But nothing for us...I certainly don't want to put the cart before the horse or in this case the baby before the bump. My mom? That's another story completely.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment